Tractor- Trailer (AZ)
All new drivers attempting the Class A road test on or after July 1, 2017 will have to successfully complete the mandatory entry-level training course before attempting their Class A Road Test. Class AZ holder are qualified to drive a tractor-trailer or combination of motor vehicle and towed vehicles where the towed vehicles exceed a total gross weight of 4,600 kilograms. Class A licence holders may also drive vehicles in Classes D, G, and A with condition (R).
During the course of our training students will learn the skills required for a career as an AZ Commercial Driver. Our program covers the laws and procedures that regulate the trucking industry.
Upon completion of this program, our students are left with multiple outcomes which include:
– MTO Class A Driver’s License – MTO Air Brake (Z) Endorsement – Certificate
An applicant for a class “A” license must:
- Be at least 18 years old;
- Hold a valid Ontario class “G” licence;
- MTO approved Medical Form completed
- Knowledge verification of Rules of the Road and Signs
- Grade 10 English or Equivalent